Top Natural Remedies For Morning Sickness
Nausea during pregnancy can be self treated with natural remedies for morning sickness.
This usually occurs during the early stages of pregnancy as a result of hormonal changes but the actual causes are hard to determine. The symptoms can include vomiting and dizziness.
How to stop morning sickness
Take some ginger ale to offset any feelings of nausea during pregnancy. It is interesting that hospitals give sprite soda for digestive disorder.
Chew on a few ice cubes to control the pregnancy sickness or take 1 teaspoon of vinegar in water to control the sickness.
If your morning sickness causes you to throw up with the water or food you put into your mouth, try eating some grapes first thing in the morning. They are good at replacing fluid and don’t inspire nausea.
Take about 6 almonds often to calm the daily wave of nausea.
Dandelion takes care of the sour feeling, calms the stomach and improves your appetite.
Boil 6 tablespoons of dandelion root in 4 cups of water and allow it to steep for 4 hours. Strain and sip 2 cups of the tea throughout the day. You may decide to use dandelion tincture instead. Use 30 drops of undiluted dandelion tincture 3 times a day to have the same effect.
Diet natural remedies for morning sickness
Diet natural remedies for morning sickness are very important and strongly recommended for morning sickness cure.
- A mother’s bloodstream provides glucose nourishment for a developing fetus. A mother needs to have frequent small meals, bedtime snacks, and a few bites early before arising fully in the morning. This will replenish the glucose supply and prevent morning sickness that can be caused by low blood sugar levels.
- Consider using cultured milk products such as kefir, yogurt, and soybean tofu instead of normal milk which can upset the stomach because of difficulty in digesting lactose in the milk.
- You can also mix some powdered green cardamom seeds with honey and lick it once a while to control your biochemical upset.
- If you live in Asia, you can eat roasted gram one at a time to prevent the urge of vomiting. Or you can get it from Indian stores in Europe and America.
- Drink fluids such as juices and broths to prevent excess stomach acid that is produced when you are pregnant. They also help to regulate the blood sugar levels. Papaya juice is great help to mothers.
- A mixture of 2/3 part of sparkling water with 1/3 part of Concord grape juice can be a help with morning sickness.
- Consider taking orange juice sweetened with honey also for treatment.
- Add 2 tablespoons of brewers yeast flakes to juice and take it to appease nausea.
- Drink catnip tea and take 1 goldenseal capsule when you wake up in the morning for morning sickness relief.
- You may also prepare a drink by mixing together warm water with 1/3 cup of pear or papaya juice, and 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon as natural remedies for morning sickness.
- Alfalfa sprouts and turnip and raw celery are recommended for eating to stop morning sickness. You can also take alfalfa juice caps to attain the same result.
Other beneficial herbs you can use include catnip, hops, cloves, fennel, sage, mint, red raspberry leaf, and chamomile.
Beware of highly flavored foods, foods with strong odors such as chili pepper, garlic, brussels sprouts, onion, and fish.
Try to stay away from these herbs too: Comfrey, angelica, feverfew, coltsfoot, ginseng, tansy, licorice root, and yarrow because they can trigger nausea.
Vitamin and minerals
Take ¼ teaspoon of acidophilus powder 3 times in a day or take chew-able papaya enzymes to control the stomach imbalance.
YS royal jelly or premier 1 royal jelly is an important treatment for morning sickness. Take 1 teaspoon each morning you wake up.
It is good to know how to ease morning sickness with homeopathic treatment because it helps the pregnant woman to be vitally fit and less vulnerable to strains, stresses, and illnesses. The recommended dosage for any of these homeopathic remedies is 30C potency 2 times daily for 3 days. Inform your medical attendant before using homeopathic treatment.
- Use Nux vomica if you have constant morning sickness, spasms, excess saliva, and difficulty in vomiting.
- Your sickness is worse in the morning even if you are still in bed.
- When you feel more nauseated when you are cold.
- You feel very impatient, irritable, and snappy.
- If your nausea is worse in the evening then use Pulsatilla remedy for it.
- Use it if you have problem taking hot food, rich or fatty food such as ice cream.
- If you feel nauseated in a hot and stuffy room, and better in a freshly aired out room, or if you take any cold drink, take Pulsatilla for treatment.
- This is one of the natural remedies for morning sickness that can take care of violent nausea, empty belching, difficulty in vomiting, and retching.
- Use this morning sickness relief remedy if you have no appetite and the smell of food makes you throw up.
- Ipecacuanha is also good when tobacco smoke, movement and headache issues trigger your morning sickness.
- This remedy is also good if you are nauseated and anxious, sweaty and sensitive to both cold and heat.
- Use this remedy if your tongue is not clean or you look pale with dark circle around your eyes.
With all these natural remedies for morning sickness at hand, the nausea can be brought under control.
Return to yeast cures
Return to homepage